Catering Manager - Contract Caterer
Catering Manager - Contract Caterer - Job Summary
Great opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven Catering Manager to join one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality organisations in an exciting and challenging role.
My client is looking for an experienced Catering Manager who wishes to pursue a career within an organisation which offers progression and development. This role will require the successful candidate to be flexible in approach, having a sound understanding of managerial responsibilities and the desire to build on existing quality standards. My client is one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality specialists. They operate across a variety of sectors providing mostly catering and hospitality services.
Catering Manager - Contract Caterer - Role Responsibility
As a Catering Manager you will also have to liaise with, and build excellent relationships with various stakeholders and you will need to manage your business area effectively and ensure the best service, quality and KPI delivery across a range of services. This is a 24/7 operation offering a breakfast, lunch, evening meal and night service, including hospitality and vending.
As Catering Manager you will:
- Communicate regularly with the client
- To oversee the catering and security operation of the site
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly dealt with and action is taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Manage the P&L accounts
- To mainly oversee the catering department
- Improve standards of service and quality of food
- Promote the unit and act as a company advocate at all times
- Supervise, co-ordinate, motivate, train and work with your team to provide a quality service
- Plan and produce duty rosters ensuring effective and economic deployment of the team
Catering Manager - Contract Caterer - The Ideal Candidate
As Catering Manager you will be:
- Able to develop and motivate a team
- Possess excellent financial acumen
- Must have a proven track record in the successful provision of catering services
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Self motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent people manager with the ability to create positive cultural change
- Must be a positive mentor
- Very organised and have an eye for detail
- Previous experience managing a large team
- Excellent knowledge of catering (security services would be an advantage)
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.