ALS Environmental is one of the UK’s leading providers of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of customers enabling them to meet their environmental regulatory requirements. We offer an extensive range of UKAS, MCERTS and DWTS accredited analytical services for Water, Land and Waste monitoring.
We have developed a range of analytical services that meet our customers’ specific needs, including standard industry, regulatory and bespoke analytical suites. We are able to respond to customers’ analytical and sampling requirements via our network of laboratories and service centres across the UK and Ireland. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Progress Chaser - Sales & Marketing
An opportunity has arisen for a Progress Chaser at ALS Environmental.
The successful applicant will be responsible for chasing laboratories for results, late jobs and quick turnaround requests. Cancellation of testing and liaising with various departments in relation to issues with samples and results.
About the Position
Hours per Week: 37
Days per Week: Monday to Friday
Basis: Full-time and Fixed term
Duration if temporary: until April 2018
Annual Salary: £15,000
Closing Date: 28th March 2017
Key accountabilities about the Position:
- Manual data entry of non ALS Group results
- Investigation and entering of failed automated results from ALS Group
- Receipting of data into system (sample receipts and results)
- Maintaining/monitoring the Subcontract application
- Receiving purchase orders on system after results entered
- Handling queries from Customer Services/Logistics
- Liaise with subcontract laboratory for additional testing requests
- Ensuring samples have been sent to the subcontract laboratory
- Scheduling of testing if required
To be successful in this role you will require the following Competencies:
- Keen eye for detail
- Accurate record keeping
- Work effectively in a team
- Self manage own work loads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business and customer focused
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar environment/role
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above to include Science, Maths and English