Registered Manager - Peterborough
Registered Managers required for Residential Children’s Home, in Peterborough, working with children with emotional, behavioural difficulties (EBD). Salary: £30,000 to 35,000 per annum.
Hours: 40 Hours per week and On-calls
Qualifications and Experience for both positions: Applicants with NVQ4 or 5 in Health and Social Care- Children and Young People or other relevant or equivalent qualifications. Management experience required. Driver Required.
Checks: Positions offered subject to DBS Checks and Satisfactory References.
Main Purpose of Job
To ensure the effective and efficient management of the home.
To work within and ensure effective delivery of the Main Responsibilities and Duties identified within the role of Registered Manager.
Please note that this position involves working office hours as well as on-call duties based on a rota system.
Supporting the Responsible Individual in the day to day running and management of the home and staff team.
Ensure that all staff understand and are fully aware of the daily routines of the home.
Ensure that all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in relation to Children’s Regulations.
Ensure that all staff are made aware of the variety of intervention strategies to work with children and young people in our care.
Ensure that the standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld and the standing of the Company is maintained.
Working alongside the Responsible Individual, to ensure smooth running of the home and ensure it adheres to current legislation.
Creating, reviewing and maintaining care and behaviour management plans.
Participating in health and safety and risk assessments audits ensuring all are kept up to date.
To take total responsibility for the home as required by the Responsible Individual.
To provide experience and expertise in working with children and families referred to the home and to assist the Responsible Individual in the management and development of a staff team.
Ensure that children’s reviews and meetings are delivered within the required time scales.
Chair, or participate in meetings and reviews, as and when required.
Take the lead in ensuring an open culture is created, one in which children can complain and that they are listened to.
Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
Undertake and participate in any training programmes which are relevant to their employment.
To arrange cover or provide cover for the team where necessary.
Where required act as a nominated officer for a variety of certification purposes, e.g. Fire, First Aid, Health and Safety, Training.
Ensure that all administrative requirements of the home are maintained in such a way that they are compliant with good childcare practice, homes procedures, Company Policies and Children's Regulations.
On occasion you may be required to use you own vehicle. For which, business insurance will be required.
Mileage will be paid for use of own vehicle.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships between workers and the local community, colleagues and other agencies so as to promote collaborative working and partnerships.
- Assist the Responsible Individual in the development of the team and individuals to enhance their performance by assisting with the provision of supervision, support, NVQ assessment, training and appraisal where required.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient use of the physical and financial resources.
- Contribute to the effective management of information which promotes communication between people, the organisation and others and which assists with making informed decisions. To receive, transmit, store and retrieve information in line with good practice and organisational policy and procedure.
- Contribute to improvements at work, including the planning, co-ordination and implementation of specific projects and the development of policies, procedures and implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Establish, sustain, engage and be able to disengage from relationships with service users and their families.
- Contribute to the effective physical, social and emotional environment for group care which provides a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which children and their families can be offered the support, care and guidance they need.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
The post holder may be reasonably expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Training
- A social work qualification, or NVQ qualification at level 4 or 5 in Caring for Children and Young People and or a Leadership and Management Qualification in Social Care (or equivalent)
- A willingness and desire to pursue further training.
- Up-to-date Safeguarding and/or Recruitment Training.
- You will need to apply to Ofsted for Registered Managers status and undergo a interview to determine suitability
To Apply for either position please see below