Audio Visual Senior Technician
Main tasks of role:
- Operate sound, video and other technical equipment on site at events;
- Specify, test and prepare equipment for events in the warehouse in the lead up to the event;
- Assist with the day to day running of the warehouse when not on-site;
- Set up and operate sound equipment to include digital desks, PA systems and radio microphones;
- Set up and operate video equipment to include projection, switching and presentations;
- On smaller events, where a Production Manager is not required, work directly with the client/venue to ensure equipment is set up as specified and freelance technicians are fully briefed;
- Create detailed schematics for larger events so that other technicians can assist and understand each installation;
- Train less experienced technicians in the use of the equipment to help build a stronger technical team.
- Thorough knowledge of projection techniques including edge blend and PiP systems;
- Operational experience using data and video switchers, high end projection, camera systems, PPU’s and all associated video equipment;
- Thorough knowledge of presentation software such as Keynote, PowerPoint and Presi;
- Knowledge of Yamaha digital sound desks to include the LS9, QL and other digital desks;
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a sound and video engineer in a live event environment;
- Experience of working in a corporate event environment;
- Experience of system design for live events;
- To be a methodical and self-motivated individual with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills;
- To have a structured and calm approach to the job with meticulous attention to detail;
- Experience of managing other team members and crew on site at events;
- Basic knowledge of video equipment and its operation;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Excellent problem solver;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Presenting a professional image, both in person and on the telephone;
- Good with the written word and grammar;
- Team player;
- Enthusiasm, energy and a 'Can do’ attitude.
- Previous experience of using Dataton Watchout;
- Experience with HD cameras for live events.
- Knowledge of sound editing
- Experience of sound recording for film production.