Are you creative, innovative and do you share our passion for making a difference to teaching and learning? Are able to think differently about how we could help solve schools' problems around the use of data to help drive school improvement and outcomes for children? Do you have what it takes to perform a key role in the continued evolution of the fastest growing school management information system?
RM is the leading provider of IT products and services to schools and colleges throughout the UK; our School Management Solutions (SMS) business provides MIS and Finance products and services to schools.
This role offers an opportunity to join a team of product experts in the SMS team at a hugely exciting time where we are challenging previous thinking around MIS solutions and what they should offer schools. We are targeting ambitious growth and passionately believe that we have a fantastic platform ready to be taken on to the next level.
In this Product Manager role you will have responsibility for the day to day product management of specific elements of RM Integris (our school MIS), such as Multi Academy Trusts and School Groups, Web Services, as well as 3rd Parties and Partnerships, under the direction and lead of the Head of Product Group. You will also work with another SMS Product Manager, who owns certain RM Integris propositions such as Assessment.
- Being a product expert for RM Integris and having a deep understanding of the use of MIS and data in schools
- Developing the RM Integris propositions to be best in class, including utilising partners where appropriate
- Generating new revenue streams around Integris and the wider SMS portfolio
- Owning and managing the Integris roadmap and working with the development team to ensure that it is delivered, including delivering clear requirements for new functionality
- Managing pricing and ensuring the necessary part numbers are in place, utilising the product support team to perform admin functions around this
- Understand the annual targets and monitor progress against them, working with the Head of Product to manage the P&L and interpret the annual business plan into executable tasks (e.g. Products, Price, Sales Volumes and Market Share)
- Own the customer value propositions, product descriptions, product availability and pricing for Integris, including regularly updating the product portal.
- Contribute to, communicate and help deliver the product strategy for the portfolio, through working with the other Product Manager and Head of Product.
- Engage with customers at all levels in order to gain insight into their current challenges and also be confident to champion RM's propositions to them.
- Use the market knowledge gained from customer interactions to propose new market led propositions to drive customer acquisition and to evolve existing propositions.
Skills & experience
- Educated to degree level with strong business awareness and drive essential
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Evidence of identifying and successfully applying creative solutions to business challenges
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Evidence of innovation and creativity
Why you should consider this role
- Product Management in RM is responsible for the holistic business management of products and services - product managers act as 'mini-CEOs' for our products.
- We are accountable for the results and performance of our products and services. It's our job to know our numbers and course-correct if things are going in the wrong direction.
- We capture and represent the voice of the market. We use it to build product plans and roadmaps that set the direction. We lead the way. We have a view of the journey we'll take our customers on.
- We ensure our products profitably solve market problems that are being experienced by many customers.
- Our team has the blend of domain and commercial skills required to make balanced decisions that benefit both RM and our customers.