National Account Manager
This is an awesome oppoortunity to join an global business who are really going places. The role will be home based with travel to clients up and down the country.
You will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in multiple channels of distribution. Providing leadership towards achieving sales growth and profitability in line with company vision and values. Establishing plans and strategies to expand customer base in the market.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for select national and regional accounts that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Contributes to optimizing the performance and development of the sales support staff.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Strives to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Provides direction to sales support staff with respect to preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Frequently meets with customers to present product and program proposals.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Insures that sales support meets or exceeds all activity standards for assigned tasks and deadlines.
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for the sales team in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Coordinates with the Director of Europe towards motivating and building esprit de corps with the sales support staff.
- Builds and maintains contact and relationships with accounts to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales and sales management in consumer packaged goods.
- Experience with major brick and mortar and internet retailers.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers and attend trade shows.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.