Job title: Payroll Assistant
Salary: £20,000- £23,000
Our client, a growing accountancy practice based in south Cambridgeshire are looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant on a full time, permanent basis to join their Payroll team.
The purpose for this role is to assist the payroll team in maintaining the portfolio if client payrolls as well as communicating with customers via email and telephone producing and processing BACS payments.
Job description and key responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of client payrolls and liaise with clients as required
- Registering new payroll schemes with HMRC
- P11D dispensations and PSA’s (PAYE Settlement Agreements)
- Dealing with payroll year end reports as well as monthly RTI requirements.
- Process BACs payments in connection with salaries, drawings, expenses, payments and HMRC liabilities.
- Liaise with clients as required.
- Timesheet records on the practice and billing software
- Setting up database and running mailing campaigns
- Networking events
- Assist with functional departments within the business
The Ideal candidate will have previous payroll experience, excellent communication skills and willing to assist in other areas of the business. It is essential that you have a high level of computer literacy skills with good communication and grammar skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Payroll Assistant looking to gain experience of payroll within accounts consultancy in a friendly and dynamic environment.
Please apply now for a full job description.
For more information, call our Cambridge office on or visit our website at
The ONE Group
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.