Senior Knowledge Officer FTC
Our client is a full service law firm, with their head office in Bristol. Their expertise and client commitment sets them apart.
On behalf of our client we are seeking a Senior Knowledge Officer on a fixed term contract. This role will be to support them in achieving objectives for service delivery and profitability by the creation and sharing of first-rate legal and commercial knowledge.
To contribute to the development, implementation and promotion of knowledge sharing strategy.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
· pro-active, user-focused attitude to knowledge sharing and service delivery
· understands the need to work in partnership with lawyers and support staff, for the benefit of clients
· good IT skills, including intranet and database development
· experience of working in a legal or commercial information service
· experience of contributing to knowledge sharing initiatives
· ability to work independently
· organisational skills, efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail
· team working and interpersonal skills
- Participate in knowledge sharing projects, in particular the identification, management and dissemination of know-how
- Liaise with legal teams and sector teams to build collections of precedents, know-how, matter management pages and templates
- Represent the Knowledge team at legal teams' meetings
- Ensure that precedent records are added to the catalogue (Ferret) as appropriate
- Support the knowledge sharing forum for the trainee solicitors
- Support and liaise with legal teams
- Assist staff in the exploitation of knowledge resources
- Participate in Knowledge Centre inductions
- Provision of in-house databases
- Help with the creation and development of in-house databases in response to the Firm's needs
- Contribute to the updating and maintenance of in-house databases (Ferret, Staff Directory, Who Knows How, Tenders database, Experts and Barristers, Foreign lawyers etc.)
- Knowledge Centre administration
- Contribute to the maintenance of the enquiries database and Knowledge manual
- Develop and document Knowledge Centre administrative procedures
25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays. Life Assurance. Private Medical Insurance. PHI scheme. Discounted conveyancing. Travel loans/discounts. Cycle-to-work scheme. Childcare vouchers. Exclusive staff discount.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week
Central Bristol, no car parking.