£26k - £29k DOE
Our client based on the outskirts of Maidstone is currently recruiting a Buyer to work within their team
This role is ideally suited to someone from a Wholesale/Distribution or FMCG background, passionate about achieving personal objectives and achieving organisational profitability.
You will have demonstrable experience of managing inventory and the wider supply chain with a large product range across a range of suppliers. You will be self-motivated and a confident decision maker continually looking for process improvements with a track record of cost saving initiatives
Daily tasks will include:
- Maintain fill rate for stocked lines at or above set goals, by ensuring effective replenishment through consistent open order book management
- Manage customer back orders, to correct supply chain on advance notification of a potential issue, continuing the resolution if the product does back order. At all times ensuring good quality communication occurs within the business to maximise customer service
- Actively seek best pricing through negotiation, market awareness and price list management
- Negotiate and monitor vendor rebates to ensure correct accrual decisions are made and rebates maximised without compromising working stock
- Control inventory levels through focused activity on new item management, overstock management to ensure inventory accuracy levels are attained and working stock maximised
- Constantly review and suggest improvements to processes to bring efficiencies/cost savings to the Supply Chain
- Develop supplier relationships and introduce measurement tools to improve supplier performance
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.