CAD Team Leader
- Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 dep on exp
- Job Type: Permanent
- Ref: VC3939
- Location: Leeds
- Industry Client Works within: Manufacturing - Automotive
- Job Sector: Design/Engineering
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world renowned business who work with and service the automotive industry and are looking to expand their engineering team. In the role of CAD Team Leader you will drive design for new products, private labelling of released products as well as sustaining efforts for all existing product lines.
Client design, manufacture and build ready-made and bespoke products and are currently Reporting into the Engineering Director you will need to offer direction to the CAD team and will need to communicate across a number of departments.
Our Client is looking to bring an innovative and commercially minded CAD Designer to help lead their design team based at their Leeds site. You will be working with customers both externally and internally, will be responsible for being able to take a brief and produce drawings and designs fit for production.
In the role of CAD Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out performance reviews, work assignment, and the creation of key performance indicators
- Creating and maintaining SolidWorks models, drawings and related engineering documents
- Monitoring and working to Solid Works PDM Standard Workflow
- Providing training & support for all CAD related software
- Assuring assigned staff utilize proper procedures, technologies and tools in completing their duties
- Ensuring projects stay on track, are thoroughly documented, accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Communicating across the business at all times
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the appropriate technical training and skills competencies required to support current and future business needs.
To be successful in this role you need to display the following key skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills for reporting to all levels of leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, SolidWorks, Composer & Adobe Suite
- Experience with regulatory standards and product certifications; UL, SAE, ECE, EC, and similar
This role is design/commercially focused and offers a real opportunity to work across multiple functions, you will have exposure across all business functions and will be able to offer input at conception stage right through to manufacture.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about design who is keen to step into a role of responsibility and who wants to progress and work on exciting and rewarding designs bringing concept into reality.
If successful, you will be joining a great business with a supportive team and will be working in a group that is invested in its people and can offer progression within the industry.
If you want to know more about this opportunity and feel you have the skills and attributes they are looking for then please get in touch with Eamonn Byrne at Castle Engineering.