Senior Biomedical Scientist Band 6
We're looking for an experienced Senior Biomedical Scientist with a 'can do' attitude to join the Pathology teamat a hospital in Surrey working with an inspired, motivated and talented team, you'll work as a Biomedical Scientist to deliver quality pathology services and also take a share of covering an on-call service out of hours.
It is essential you're registered with the HCPC and this should be complemented with relevant laboratory experience in multidisciplinary biomedical science.
You will have good communication skills, work well as part of a team and understand how vital maintaining good customer relationships and providing high levels of service are in a modern pathology laboratory.
- To perform biomedical diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ability to manage day to day operations of the laboratory, coordinate and lead a team.
- To perform defined quality control procedures and monitor their effectiveness To maintain accurate and timely records of all specimens received and results obtained.
- To maintain records of reagents and consumables and order stock.
- To carry out daily maintenance of equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures
- To provide input, as required, to the review, update and implementation of standard operating procedures.
- To assist in the validation and assessment of new equipment and development of new diagnostic procedures
- To participate in the on-call rota for the department.
- To troubleshoot equipment ensuring it is maintained internally and externally and used correctly
- To assist with laboratory audits in accordance with the departmental quality management strategy. To assist the laboratory with the control of blood stocks.
- Required: Registered with the HPC as a biomedical scientist or equivalent
- Required: Qualification applicable to the HPC registration requirements
- Desirable: Postgraduate qualification in relevant area
- Previous Knowledge, Skills and / or Experience
- Required: Approximately 3 years' experience as a qualified biomedical scientist
- Required: Good IT skills and Multi-disciplinary experience
- Preferred: Knowledge and use of different analytical equipment in a range of multi-disciplinary techniques
- Preferred: Health & Safety and Quality Management experience