Purchasing Assistant / Assistant Buyer
£22,000 to £30,000 - Purchasing Assistant / Assistant Buyer - Bolton - Permanent
Your new company
You will join a leading European food manufacturing group who are growing substantially year on year.
Your new role
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the role will support the Purchasing department including the following key duties-
- To ensure that all purchasing processes that are critical to product safety, legality & quality are procured to defined requirements.
- To ensure good supplier relations are maintained in both ethical and professional manner.
- To action all internal and external supplier queries promptly and efficiently.
- Clearly communicate to all parties upstream and downstream within the supply chain.
- Represent the purchasing department in internal meetings.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvements programmes into the business.
- Work closely with all departments on sourcing new ingredients & packaging.
- Support any supplier monitoring or improvement programs initiated.
- Undertake supplier visits & host supplier visits.
- Build strong relationships with retailers, and suppliers.
- Work closely with NPD, Sales, Technical Services and all other departments.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a commercially aware candidate who has the ability to communicate across numerous business areas both internally and externally with suppliers. Experience of working in a Purchasing role is desired with wider Supply Chain backgrounds also considered.
What you'll get in return
£22,000 - £30,000 salary dependant on your sector background and level of experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.