CMB Business Analytics Manager
RP Analytics are working with a Global Bank to recruit a Birmingham (or London) based Senior Analytics Manager. The role is based within UK Commercial Banking. If you are a Senior level Analytical professional with vast experience working with Analytics, Data Visualisation and Big Data Tools then this role could be for you.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To lead the thinking of Tools & Technology (data infrastructure, software & visualisation tools) for the Analytics team and the bank.
- Play a key role in decision making to drive an analytics change agenda, developing & delivering against the analytics roadmap & plan for long term growth.
- Responsible for building highly effective relationships with business stakeholders, including CDO team - Managing their expectations and increasing team visibility around projects delivered. Liaising with other centres of expertise around the Group to share best practice and participates in setting direction
- Acting as a subject matter expert on external customer and prospect data available to CMB, both from an analytical and practical perspective, including liaison with external providers and those appointed by the Group to conduct such liaison. Providing internal guidance and expertise to the Business Analytics team in relation to external data, to ensure all Business Analytics team members take an efficient and consistent approach towards the use of external data
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the internal systems and how they interrelate and feed into the data available to the Business Analytics teams.
Skills/Experience required for the role Skills
- BSc or MSc in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or Mathematics
- Experience of working with large volumes of data
- A strong statistics/machine learning experience (using R or Python) and highly proficient in SAS & SQL
- Strong technical work experience with big data technologies ie Hadoop & visualisation tools such as Qlikview, Tableau
- Have directly relevant experience within financial services or an alternative data driven organization
- Have directly used visualisation tools, delivered Self Serve Analytics
- Implementing data related solutions based upon leading practices in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Governance and Information Security
- Working with structured and unstructured data and relational database tools, theories and techniques
- A high level knowledge of available software tool set (e.g., SAS, SQL, COGNOS, R, Python etc.), data management best practices and internal Bank systems.
- Deep understanding of the principles of data management and information security.
- BIG Data, Hadoop, R, Python, Qlikview, Tableau