Internal Technical Sales Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company with customers in almost every country in the world.
You will be supporting a Field Sales Team of two, responsible for selling all scientific products into their associated markets in the UK & EMEA territory, including Industrial Process, Food, Packaging & Pharmaceutical.
This is an office-based position and will involve the following:
- Make the required number of customer and distributor telephone calls per week
- Plan, execute and follow up on email shots
- Use ACT customer/prospect Database and update with activities
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Assist with cold calling campaigns
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Sell to direct end user manufacturing companies in multiple niche markets
- Handle distributors/customer inquiries by preparing quotations or relaying necessary information to them
- Participate in trade shows, trade associations and conferences
You will be working mainly with existing customers, but there will also be new business calls to make. My client is looking for someone who ideally has previous experience within the scientific instrumentation sector in a sales role, who is technically competent, organised and able to cope with a diverse workload.
In return my client is offering a competitive salary, bonus and pension.
Desirable: A technical degree and/or science degree or equivalent from a university or college, or equivalent experience, with five (5) years of technical sales experience with analytical instrumentation or scientific instrumentation, with an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).