Assistant Team Leader
Title: Assistant Team Leader
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Team Leader to join our brand new service in Watford. Working a 40 hour week on a 24/7 rota from 8am - 3pm / 2.30pm - 10pm plus weekends and waking nights. Benefits include 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, and 1 additional week of annual leave can be purchased, a pension scheme, free employment benefits package, free training and ongoing career development. The salary for this role is £23,000.
This site is close to transport links and has a small on-site car park.
Caretech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health illness and neurological conditions, we support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. With over 250 services across the UK and further growth plans to increase the number of Supported Living services across the group.
Would you love the opportunity to make a real difference to our Service Users lives? Would you say your best traits were your positivity, friendliness and innovativeness? How would you like to work in a person-centred environment where you can utilise these attributes within a company offering career progression, competitive earnings and excellent training?
The Role: Mental Health Assistant Team Leader
Due to continued expansion within the organisation, a brand new Supported Living service consisting of 13 self-contained flats has been built in Watford to accommodate people who may need support with the best possible recovery outcomes with long term and complex, needs in areas such as; drug, alcohol, stress, physical or mental illness either from past experiences or difficult relationships.
The service is due to open in November 2016 and we are looking to recruit and train a new team who will work closely with our partners and stakeholders to provide a comprehensive, high quality service. This will involve assessing and supporting clients on a daily basis in all aspects of their person centred recovery plans, monitoring and reporting on progress through regular multi-agency reviews and contributing to the development and continual improvement of the service.
The purpose of the Assistant Team Leader role is to ensure that the individual needs of people we support are met to the highest standard. To support the Team Leader to ensure that staff are trained to meet the needs of the people we support and their training complies with the Care Quality Commission standards. To support and deputise for the Team Leader in developing the staff team and to carry out management tasks as directed by the Team Leader to ensure the service is delivered to a high standard and meets and exceeds the Care Quality Commission standards in line with the values of the organisation.
Why should I apply for this role?
• A well-established National Care provider
• Centrally located in Watford with excellent rail and bus links and close to shopping amenities
• The opportunity to participate and be nominated for the company’s annual care awards
• Great prospects for career advancement for the right candidate
• Be able to make a difference
What we offer:
• We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
• We provide superb FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
• We have a proven career path - many of our employees who started as Support Workers are now Residential Managers and Senior Managers
• We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, special retail discount vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme
• We offer apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to get into the sector
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion, however we have other services you may be suitable for in surrounding areas for the roles below: Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, Deputy Managers, Healthcare Assistants, Service Managers.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' below.