Financial Reporting Data Quality Manager
Royal London Group
Financial Reporting Data Quality Manager - Wilmslow
Salary c. £50,000 - £74,500 + Excellent Benefits
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,179 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £101 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Reporting Data Quality Manager to join the Financial Reporting Data and Control Framework (FRDCF) Team within Group Finance in Wilmslow on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide advice, guidance and challenge to Group Finance and the wider business on Financial Reporting Data Quality related matters and to report on such issues to the FRDCF Committee, Group Data Governance Team and other appropriate governance committees.
The role will be responsible for running the Financial Reporting Data Control Group (FRDCG). The role holder has responsibility to work with 1st line of defence to define, maintain and, where appropriate, determine clear resolution plans for data controls requiring remediation. The role holder will have responsibility for embedding FRDCF to satisfy Solvency II requirements of complete, accurate and appropriate data. This forms one of the key enablers for the Group Finance Target Operating Model through delivery of FRDCF.
- Ensuring FRDCF methodology has suitable process and mechanisms in place to identify, record, assess, manage and report financial reporting data quality.
- Providing day to day management support to senior stakeholders across the business to ensure financial reporting data quality is embedded across the Group.
- Maintaining data artefacts including data flow diagrams, data directories and dictionaries.
- Supporting key stakeholders across the business in undertaking an assessment of data limitations and weaknesses as part of their FRDCF attestation every 6 months.
- Maintaining Solvency II Data Quality Standard and liaising with Group Data Governance to ensure financial reporting data quality requirements are embedded within the Group Data Governance policy.
- Delivering artefacts needed for Internal Model application (IMAP) including data flow diagrams, data directories and dictionaries.
- Supporting IMAP validation activity through acting as primary data contact for the Validator.
- Providing feedback and response to the Validator to form part of the formal reporting to the PRA on data. Attending and presenting at IMAP Data meetings.
- Chairing FRDCG comprising membership of managers across Group Finance.
- Taking ownership of data quality issues, undertaking root cause analysis, monitoring, remediating and escalating as appropriate.
- Authoring reports and updates to relevant committees, tailoring to the needs of the audience including, but not limited to, Audit Committee, Group Executive Committee, Disclosure Committee, Solvency II Steering Groups and FRDCF BAU Committee
- Providing training, coaching and daily supervision to Group Finance and the wider business to assist them in meeting their objectives.
- Developing ongoing training to embed financial reporting data quality
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a strong knowledge and experience of data management within a control framework, preferably within an insurance environment
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software package - in particular Visio
- Good communication skills, both face-to-face and report writing including the ability to present complex information clearly and accurately
- Proven ability to manage workload and set priorities
- Proven record of questioning current practices and recommending/implementing alternative (efficient or correct) solutions
- Confident to challenge with a view to making improvements
- Effective working style both as part of a team or individually, both performing and reviewing work.
- Able to influence peers and drive through change at this level, preferably having experience with technical stakeholders such as Actuaries.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact /