Children's Residential Support Worker
Park Blue Homes are looking for a Children's Home Support Worker to join their small team at their Wiltshire based home. Providence Cottage close to Malmesbury and Wootton Bassett is a small residential unit specialising in providing care for young people suffering from EBD and Learning Difficulties.
Providence Cottage are looking for a full time support workers to work as part of a team supporting our young people in their day to day lives and in the running of the home.
Full time salary circa £17,000 depending on experience. (£18.5k inc 1 sleep)
The right candidate will need to possess the following skills:
* NVQ Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent or a commitment to working towards this qualification after probation has been completed.
* Strong values and a passion for looking after young people and supporting them in their future so they reach their full potential and achieve their life goals.
* Strong team working skills with a dynamic approach to work.
* care and compassion for children with patience and a listening ear.
* organised and efficient with an eye for detail with excellent paperwork skills and the ability to produce concise and informative documents when requested.
* Knowledge of the Children's Home Regulations or willingness to learn.
* punctual with good attitude and work ethic the ability to liase with professionals, parents and other people outside of the home.
We are looking for a competent, committed team players who can motivate our young people and work as part of a team. You may be required to key work our young people and help them in their day to day care, organise, develop and support the young people in line with Ofsted requirements. As a Support Worker you may have other duties such as menu planning, health and safety requirements, activity planning as well as accompanying the young people on activities.
In return we can offer a very competitive salary with perks and ongoing professional development. We are located in a rural position and take advantage of the opportunities this allows, a love of the outdoors will definitely be an advantage, staff will be expected to be hands on and encourage animal care and equine activities, therefore experience in this area would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidate must have an NVQ Level 3 in childcare or be willing to work towards this qualification. There will be the opportunity to further qualifications and to attend appropriate courses including specialised personal development courses.
The candidate must hold a full clean driving license (UK or acceptable in UK), must be over the age of 21 and the candidate is required to apply for an enhanced disclosure (DBS) and provide satisfactory references. The candidate. The position involves alternative weekend work and is on a shift basis (42 hours per week). The successful candidate will be expected to do one, possibly two sleepover per week which is paid seperately (£35 per night).