Head of Quality
Role: Head of Quality
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £70-75,000pa + benefits
An exciting new senior opportunity has arisen for an influential and experienced Head of Quality to join a highly-respected company based near Farnborough on a permanent basis.
My client is a proven and innovative design and manufacturing company that supplies a range of bespoke products to international customers in various sectors.
As the Head of Quality, you will lead and develop a quality-focussed culture across all business operations, ensuring continuous improvement and compliance in all company processes. You will expected to operate at board level, as well as remaining 'hands-on' with business operations at Engineering level.
The Head of Quality will be responsible for the following:
- To develop and implement a companywide Quality vision, strategy and objectives based on a thorough evaluation of challenges faced to achieve operational requirements, customer needs and business objectives.
- To establish, skill-up and lead a network of Quality Champions in all functional areas to drive business process mapping and continuous improvement programmes to enable the achievement of maximum levels of efficiency and productivity.
- To ensure proactive resource management of all worldwide Quality staff ensuring staff numbers, levels of skills, knowledge and experience, organisation and deployment are sufficient to achieve business targets
- To lead, develop and motivate the UK Quality team applying the most appropriate management style to achieve peak performance.
- To identify and drive measurable process improvement in conjunction with the Board and Functional Quality Champions, addressing business processes proven to directly impact successful achievement of key objectives.
- To establish, monitor and report on performance against internal quality standards KPI metrics in Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Support and Business Support Functions.
The successful Head of Quality will ideally have the following skills / experience:
- Degree qualified in Technical/Engineering/Science discipline
- Quality-related professional qualification e.g. Chartered Quality Institute
- Extensive operational experience (10 years+) in a 'hands-on' Quality role within a technical commercial environment, ideally encompassing engineering design and development, manufacturing operations, sales and customer support with ISO9001 accreditation
- Proven 'leader', with an adaptive leadership and management style, able to inspire and motivate a directly managed Quality team and a wider global organisation
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Project Management experience
- Medium to advanced level knowledge of using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please apply with an up-to-date CV as soon as possible.
Premier are acting as an employment agency