Accounts Assistant - Purchase Ledger
Great opportunity to join a fast paced business in central Leeds as Accounts Assistant with responsibility for all Purchase Ledger activities.
Based in central Leeds within walking distance of the train station and on a number of major bus routes, the business is looking for someone with good purchase ledger experience to report to the Financial Controller and be responsible for paying all supplier invoices and employee expenses across multiple currencies.
Duties of the role include:
- Log all invoices received onto the purchase register, and distribute them to authorised personnel using the correct nominal / client codes.
- Prepare the weekly BACS and cheque runs to pay suppliers
- Respond to supplier queries promptly and professionally.
- Ensure that the purchase ledger is up to date at the month end.
- Record and process cash expenses and petty cash claims.
- Manage the posting of monthly company credit card statements to nominal postings by end of each month.
- Prepare accruals for month end.
- Ensure process documentation for the purchase ledger team is kept up-to-date and accurate
- Ensure foreign currency transactions are regularly matched to ensure that any foreign exchange gains or losses are recorded correctly.
- Process any ad-hoc payments which occur outside of the purchase ledger runs
- Support Sales Ledger in the processing of cheques received
- Liase with internal and external audit members to enable an efficient and thorough audit.
This is a varied and busy purchase ledger role ideally suited to a reliable individual who enjoys an autonomous and important position in a medium sized finance team.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.