Treasury Accountant - 6-month Fixed Term Contract
Job Description: Treasury Accountant
To work alongside the cashiering team and Accountants to review, investigate and resolve reconciling items ensuring compliance regulations are met and following best practise in all operations.
Main duties and responsibilities: Treasury Accountant
- To provide an agreed level of service to clients, colleagues, and ensure all banks are reconciled and unmatched items investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with guidelines for client monies
- To navigate and utilise banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to the correct client bank account
- To be proactive in the automation of tasks and develop the processes for best practice with regards to unallocated cash
- To provide accurate data to the Treasury Compliance Manager for KPI’s and benchmarking
- Carry out other duties from time to time that are broadly consistent with those in this job description.
Desired skills and experience: Treasury Accountant
- Treasury/Cashiering professional with experience of working in a fast paced high volume environment with a demonstrable record of responsibility and growth and solid experience in complex reconciliation's
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping. Intermediate / Advanced Excel skills and Intermediate Word skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
This role is a 6-month contract with a view to starting as soon as possible.
Salary of £19,000 - £21,000 pro rata for Treasury Accountant