Teacher of Science - Physics Specialist
Teacher of Science with Physics specialism required for September 2017
Required for September 2017
This post is suitable for experienced teachers and newly qualified teachers. Cardinal Newman is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving the Roman Catholic community in Luton and Dunstable.
The school has Specialist Science status and was described by Ofsted in December 2013 as: 'Providing a good education for its students; their personal development as well as academic achievement'.
The Successful candidate will:
- Teach Science from Year 7 to Year 11, including Physics GCSE in Years 10 and 11
- Teach Physics at A Level
- Contribute as part of the Science team to curriculum development
- Wish to develop his/her own skills
- Be able to communicate their love for Science to students of all abilities.
We will offer:
- A friendly, forward thinking and supportive department.
- Teaching across all three Key Stages.
- A department with an excellent track record at KS3, GCSE and A Level
- Students that have very good attitudes towards Science and to the school and want to learn.
- An innovative curriculum
- Free loan of a laptop computer
- A well-structured induction programme for all new staff with excellent support.
'The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service'.
Roman Catholic School in the Diocese of Northampton.
"Together towards our Lord through learning, love and faith"
For more information and to apply, please see our website ator call Brett Coventry on