Our client is a full service law firm, with their head office in Bristol. Their expertise and client commitment sets them apart.
We are delighted to be assisting our client with their requirement for a Credit Controller on a 6-9 month contract. This role is based in central Bristol and reports into the Credit Manager.
Key tasks within this role will include:
- Using internal systems with regards to the collection of unpaid debts
- Sending reminder letters to debtors, and following up with defaulters by way of telephone calls, and other written correspondence
- Arranging instalment payment terms with clients, and monitoring promised payments to ensure clients adhere to agreements
- Monitoring monies held on client account, and arranging transfers to settle invoices where advised by fee earners
- Regular reporting to the Credit Manager in respect of unpaid invoices
- Meeting Partners and fee earners regularly to discuss overdue debts and problem accounts
- Supporting Cashiers team during busy periods in setting up new clients on core systems
- Recommending debt recovery action to Credit Manager, Partners and fee earners where standard collection procedures are unsuccessful
- Assisting Credit Manager in monthly preparation of bad debt provision
For this role, our client is seeking someone who has:
- Preferably two years' credit control experience in a professional firm
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner, including excellent telephone skills and negotiation skills
- Focused and motivated with the ability to use own initiative and to work as part of a team
- IT skills including experience in using Microsoft software, with a good working knowledge of Excel
25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays. Life Assurance. Private Medical Insurance. PHI scheme. Discounted conveyancing. Travel loans/discounts. Cycle-to-work scheme. Childcare vouchers. Exclusive staff discount.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week
Central Bristol, no car parking.
£20,000 (pro-rata as 6 – 9 month contract)