Customer Services Manager (Demand & Supply Chain)
About the Role
The Customer Services Manager is a new role at Refresco, part of the Demand & Supply Chain team and reporting to the Head of Logistics. Our customers are some of the highest profile household names within the UK and hence we have created this role to increase and enhance our customer service focus and support for our customers covering the entire supply chain life cycle.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the provision of 'best in class' customer service and support to Refresco UK customers, including the management of the customer service team. You will develop, implement and regularly review a clear coherent customer service plan including account and customer engagement, sales support, standard operating procedures (SOP's) and KPI's to maximize customer service and management, whilst reducing cost.
The key duties are:
• Ensure accurate and timely order processing;
• Ensuring orders are taken in accordance with agreed lead times and SOP's;
• Providing clear and proactive communication lines between the commercial, planning, warehouse and logistics departments;
• Represent Refresco from a customer support and operational engagement perspective;
• Investigation of customer delivery issues and generation/implementation of corrective actions;
• Manage the allocation of customers to the members of the customer service team based on individual customer requirements and the team members’ skills/experience;
• Development, coaching and leadership of the customer service team members;
• Attend and lead customer service reviews with customers;
• Produce customer service metrics and service level reports;
• Ensure all customer requests are passed on to the appropriate function within Refresco;
• Manage stock shelf lives and ensure the necessary procedures are followed to minimize stock write-offs.
These are the KPI's:
• Ensure 99% clean and timely order entry;
• Customer order Fill Rate (total number of customer orders filled exactly as requested divided by customer orders filled over the same period);
• Customer back order lines (total number of back order lines delayed in shipment due to Refresco being out of stock divided by the total number of order lines processed over the same period);
• Customer returns percentage or volume (total number of returns to Refresco divided by the total number of orders processed over the same period);
• Cycle time Credit Approval (the average number of hours orders remain on credit hold);
• Order Cancellation Rate (the number of orders that are cancelled by the customer after being placed divided by the number of orders placed over the same period as a percentage);
• Orders On Time in Full of 98.5%.
A degree in a business management or related topic is preferred.
Experience and knowledge needed for the Customer Services Manager:
- Private label and branded experience (desirable);
- Experience of customer facing role with major retailers (essential);
- Experience of a national distribution network (essential);
- Experience of working alongside a busy transport office and of cold stores/warehousing (essential);
- Knowledge of ERP systems (desirable) & high level of computer literacy (essential);
- Experience of supervising a sales order processing desk (essential);
- Data collection and manipulation, trend and data analysis to support customer service and S&OP process (essential);
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working in a fast moving dynamic environment with multiple priorities (essential).
Essential skills and competencies required for the Customer Services Manager role:
Demonstrable team leadership and coaching;
Ability to develop the Customer Support team to best in class function in alignment to Refresco business and operational objectives;
Able to approach conflict situations confidently;
Proactive communication skills;
Ability to work in a cross functional team;
Good presentation skills, ability to represent Refresco credibly and engage customers accordingly;
Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers with production in Benelux, France, Germany, Iberia, Italy, the UK, Poland and Finland. In 2015 the company realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.1 billion litres and circa EUR 2.0 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its product and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and employs circa 4,100 staff.
Refresco Beverages UK based Bridgwater , Somerset, employs 850 people and we run four factories producing circa 700 million litres per annum, our target is a billion litres by the end of 2018, and we are well on target to achieve this goal. We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's and Sainsbury to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray and Um Bongo.
Refresco floated publicly on the Euronext stock exchange in March 2015. In July 2016 we announced the acquisition of Whitlock Packaging in the US, our first foray in to the US drinks market, adding 900 million litres of drinks per annum to our production.