Engineers required for R&D consulting business
Our client is a cost optimisation consulting company whose main objective is to rapidly improve the financial performance of its clients without radically changing their core business. Currently in the UK,their specific expertise is in the identification of qualifying R&D, optimisation of R&D tax credits and acquisition of R&D grants.
Due to its continued growth and the success of its business, they now wish to recruit a dynamic and ambitious R&D Technical Consultant. This is a client facing role and the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled and experienced engineers, scientists and tax consultants in the delivery of bespoke solutions to clients from a variety of industries.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Liaising with clients and being their first point of contact;
- Investigating and identifying qualifying R&D projects and drafting technical reports in plain English;
- Participating in technical discussions with clients as well as with colleagues to optimise claims through interviewing key business decision makers and technical leads
- Providing support to R&D tax relief claims in the event of HMRC audit/enquiries.
As R&D Technical Consultant, you must have/be:
- Experienced working in one of the following areas:
- Software Engineering
- The Biotech industry, in vivo research, either in academia or commercial drug discovery environment;
- Power Electronics
- A degree with publications in your respective field of expertise;
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science and technologies outside of your specialist field;
- Strong interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors;
- Excellent communication both spoken and written and ability to convey complex ideas as simple concepts;
- Strong numerical ability and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines; and
- Independent thought and enthusiastic team player.