Senior Marketing Communications Officer
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Marketing Communications Officer for a 10 month fixed term contract (maternity cover) in Manchester.
The role of Senior Marketing Communications Officer will be working with one of the largest and oldest friendly societies in the UK where you will join the Branch Development team in Manchester.
Our client is currently undergoing exciting new developments in brand management, website development, digital marketing, recruitment, customer relations and third party partnerships. Its vision is to be the lifestyle membership of choice for the over 50s by helping members get more out of life with a compelling range of social events, care and financial support, delivered through a thriving national Branch network. There are currently 132 Branches nationwide, run by volunteers and supported by a professional team in its central office in Manchester.
As Senior Marketing Communications Officer you will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance, monitoring and development of the website, managing content and delivery of e-communications, social media strategy, three communication training workshops to Branches as well as wider work expected of the role and its position.
• Excellent creative copy writing and proof reading skills
• Social media and digital marketing experience (both practical and strategic)
• Experience of SEO working on CMS (Umbraco). HTML not required
• Good organisation and planning
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Ability to work individually and handle self-driven projects efficiently and within budget
• Ability to multi-task and operate within a demanding environment
• Degree or equivalent qualifications in one or more of the following (PR, Marketing, Communications)
• Previous work experience in a similar role
• Full, clean driving licence
• Experience of working either with a membership, charitable or not for profit organisation
• A good understanding/appreciation of working with older volunteers
For the role of Senior Marketing Communications Officer you will receive:
• Salary of £30,000 per annum
• Working hours Monday –Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm. There will be occasions where the post holder has to work in the evenings or at weekends.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Marketing, communications, events, society, social, not-for-profit, digital,