Estimation Engineer/Electrical Design Engineer
Estimation Engineer/Electrical Design Engineer- Central London-£40k-£50k+ benefits.
A boutique & global based energy management and technology company are looking for a motivated electrical design estimation engineer to join their central London office.
You will work as part of the Engineering & Estimation team to design and cost their in-house developed products for monitoring projects in buildings in re to medium to large energy usage.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Client/Business Development team to understand project specifications and requirements;
- Liaise with Clients to acquire technical information, data, plans and drawings for the site;
- Review client's site information to ensure substantial understanding of the site and identifying list of activities to be carried out during the site visit;
- Perform desktop design and cost analysis based on Client's data and information to demonstrate cost viability of different solutions to the Business Development team;
- Working together with the Business Development team to prepare competitive tenders and proposals with compliance to tender specifications and the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Provide on-time accurate and professional technical support to the Business Development Team including attending client/site meetings where required during pre and post sales stage;
- Prepare and provide all necessary detailed design documentations to Projects team for design handover and project implementations;
- Administration works for quotation and order processing;
- Review costing of proposals and aid the introduction of new technologies to reduce costs and improve performance.
- There will also be a requirement to provide periodic support to our Projects, Commissioning and Service teams.
- Occasional travel across the UK & Europe
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need the following.
- Electrical/Building Services qualifications with specialised interest in building automation and data acquisition technologies, energy conservation and efficiency in buildings.
- Sound understanding of building services and how different services operate and their correlation within a building
- Ability to comprehend a building’s electrical and mechanical servicesby reviewing of technical drawings, visual site inspection of the building andits Building Management System.
- Ability to formulate engineering concepts by develop design schematics, block diagrams and/or sketches
- 3-10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in electrical cost estimation will be beneficial but not necessary.
- Organised approach to site investigation and documentation.
- Attention to details and capable to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge with Microsoft Words and Excel.
- Familiar with relevant Health and Safety, environmental, and quality legislation, requirements and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global technology company in the sustainability / energy efficiency sector