Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to a Managing Quantity Surveyor, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will typically manage commercial aspects of allocated projects in accordance with company procedure, as well as liaising and collaborating with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities.
- To liaise and collaborate with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities.
- Take ownership for maximising commercial results for allocated projects.
- To represent and serve the best interests of the company to meet client expectations and encourage repeat business.
- As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately and in accordance with company procedure.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Prepare, and in conjunction with senior management agree final account with client's representative.
- Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
- Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
- Maintain control of sub contractor's accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
- Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- Capable of managing others alongside an individual workload
- Having strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
- Having appropriate technical, legal and commercial knowledge
- Creates and maintains strong relationships internally and externally
- Attend all Project meetings as required.
- Administer the subcontract procurement process
- Sign agreements up to POA level
- Undertake the valuation and final account process
- Provide and monitor cash flow projections
- Provide commercial information for monthly reports
- Administer subcontract agreements
- Manage the resolution of disputes above an agreed level
- Prepare subcontract valuation payments
- Provide feedback on subcontract performance
- Comply with monthly reporting cycle
- Engage in and provide commercial information for objective point review meetings
- Ensure that the projects adhere to the financial rules of reporting
- Manage performance management issues
- Be a mentor for direct reports
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety safe working practices are observed at all times
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures
- To follow the Company's Equalities Policies in relation to other staff, customers and members of the Group, at a level appropriate to the post
- Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Communicates information and ideas proactively and confidentially in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing.
- Manages time effectively
- Degree or other technical qualification.
RICS / CIOB qualification.