Engineering Contract Manager
MB153 – Engineering Contract Manager
Salary: £34,000 + Overtime and Bonus
First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Engineering Contract Manager on behalf of our client who are based on the outskirts of Watford. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer who has managed a number of contracts and projects to work for a prestigious and well recognised boiler installation organisation.
Reporting to the Contracts Division Manager, you will take responsibility for managing the day to day organisation of a multiple number of projects across all project phases, including initiation, release, planning, execution, monitoring, control, commissioning and closure. Working from our Borehamwood offices, the Projects / Contracts Engineer will manage projects for equipment supply and turnkey installations to commercial and technical completion within contract requirements. The role may also include the preparation of basic sales tenders for equipment and turnkey projects for the complete range of equipment manufactured by the Company and working with the Applications Engineering team you would have opportunity to develop the engineering skills needed to work as an Applications Engineer capable of working with in-house software to develop solutions and select key components and equipment to suit our client’s needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accept the overall responsibility for the supervision of the day-to-day activities and coordination of projects, including design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning using the available resources within the company and by sub-contracting to achieve target costs and ensure project deliverables are on schedule.
• Communicate with cross functional project team members or departments and collaborate with sub-contractors and customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations.
• Ensure accurate information is assembled to ensure its compliance with design data within the framework of the Company’s Quality Procedures and to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to fulfil contractual requirements. • Provide on-going project planning/status reporting for use by the business, customers and management to make key decisions and communicate progress and risks.
• To ensure contract compliance with the companies standard commercial terms and conditions and negotiate acceptable variations where required.
• Control Invoicing / export and commercial documentation.
• Provide timely, accurate and reliable quotations to customers in association with the Company’s Field Sales Engineers and Sales Management and advise Field Sales Engineers of potential business arising from enquiries.
• On an occasional basis Travel to sites within the UK and if required some international travel may be involved.
Skills and Qualifications:
• We are looking for an Engineering professional with a proven track record who will drive Projects within the business.
• Ideal experience would be from within the mechanical contracting services with specific reference to steam or high temperature process heating applications.
• A proven track record in the management of medium sized technology orientated, multidisciplinary projects. Showing successful delivery and handover of Contracts/Projects.
• Experience of export contracts including Letters of Credit and negotiation of commercial terms would be an advantage.
• Experience of estimating and managing project cost and costs to completion.
• Ideally you will be HNC/D or Degree educated in a Project Management / Engineering related field such as Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, and Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with strong commercial experience. A minimum of three years relevant experience is expected, however longer experience may be considered an advantage over academic achievement.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
• The ability to work within a team environment and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the Company structure and with our customers and suppliers using concise reports, quotations and verbal communications when required.