Our client offers a service that recognizes that no two buildings and no two clients are the same and tailor our management style to meet our clients’ individual requirements. Their current clients include Central London property developers, resident owned management companies, house builders, landlord’s investment companies and domestic and international private landlords.
We require an experienced, procedure driven Block Manager to join our team.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking regular site inspections to ensure all properties are in good order
- Management/supervision of on-site staff
- Negotiating competitive service contracts and supervision of contractors
- Producing Service Charge Budgets for client approval
- Liaising with accounts team to ensure that year end accounts, budgets, relevant covering letters and demands are issued in a timely manner
- Issuing and collection of Service Charges and Ground Rents
- Monitor arrears and manage and action appropriate collection/pursuit methods
- Organising day-to-day maintenance and managing contractors
- Liaising with residents concerning management issues
- Assisting with the project management of major internal and external works
- Compliance with Section 20 legislation
- Handling pre-contract enquiries from solicitors to include Licences to Sublet and for Alterations
- Attendance at client meetings to include meetings with Residents’ Associations, AGM’s and Board Meetings usually to be held out of office hours, preparing agendas and the taking of minutes where required
- Overseeing all Health & Safety requirements across the portfolio to ensure current regulations are adhered to
- Overseeing insurance claims and associated works to include liaising with Loss Adjusters
- Ensuring that fees for works excluded from a management contract are raised promptly and correctly
9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, although you may also be required to work extra hours and attend client meetings in the evenings.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential property management
- Experience dealing with a mixed portfolio preferable
- Experience in preparing presentations for new business
- IRPM qualification preferable
- Experience managing at least 2 properties with Service Charge budgets in excess of £300,000 per annum
- Experience dealing with mobilisation and set-up of new build developments preferable
- Experience dealing with both RTM companies and freeholder clients
- Experience of Section 20 legislation and procedures and overseeing major works
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in using Word and Excel
- Must be well organised and able to work well under pressure in handling a high volume of telephone and email correspondence.