Head of Index Strategy & Methodology
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Head of Index Strategy & Methodology, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Head of Index Strategy and Methodology will be responsible for driving the growth and development of HSBC’s Index Strategies product globally. The role will focus on the daily management of the research product, disseminating high quality trading ideas to external clients, and cross-selling the equities product in to new and existing client accounts.
The role holder will drive product strategy for the global index team, leading a team of quantitative analysts to produce trading insights/strategies on global index re-balancing, which will be distributed internally and externally. They will be required to work closely with the Program Trading, Delta One and Electronic trading teams, assisting them to create new client opportunities and increasing penetration and revenues from existing accounts by offering valuable actionable insight to their trading activities. Further to this they will be responsible for educating the wider equities business on the product and index events.
The role will assist in developing external marketing initiatives to increase the HSBC profile in the Index Strategy space by representing HSBC at conferences, in the media, and by developing marketing materials. The successful candidate will lead the development of infrastructure to further automate and enhance existing product, ensuring scalability and robustness of product. Will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with large global index clients as well as internal trading and sales desks. The role holder will also be responsible for managing internal infrastructure development, directing in-house quantitative analyst team where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Possess a university degree in quantitative field or finance;
- Have direct experience of modelling index predictions for global and regional indices;
- Strong knowledge of methodology for MSCI, FTSE, and regional indices;
- Demonstrable experience presenting index analysis and trading ideas to clients - samples of writing appreciated;
- Demonstrable experience analyzing corporate events (M&A, Placings, etc.) to estimate potential index implications;
- Strong Excel/VBA skills a must;
- Experience with Bloomberg;
- Experience with FactSet is preferable;
- Knowledge of portfolio and optimization and risk analysis would be desirable;
- Experience with Axioma, Python, qbd would be desirable; and
- CFA would be preferable.
Closing dates for applications 20th June 2018