Conference Marketing Executive Fixed term contract
Conference Marketing Executive (Fixed term contract)
Salary: GBP 25,000 - GBP 28,000
Our client, the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction, is now looking for an experienced Conference Marketing Executive to join their existing team on a 4-5-months Fixed Term Contract basis.
The role will be responsible for executing tactical activity to support the growth of their Conference products and provide support to deliver their Conferences marketing plans with a clear focus on key project activity for a range of conferences. You will have specific responsibility for planning and delivering lead generating marketing campaigns to engage with professionals from across the organisation's membership and external audiences of lawyers, accountants, engineers, architects and any other built environment professionals.
You will ensure that all company Conferences marketing activity is fit for purpose, on time and on budget and above all - building their brand in the land, property and construction sector.
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
- Putting together and executing marketing activity plans for a number of conferences
- Working with product teams and various other stakeholders to ensure marketing activity does not fall behind schedule and product achieve their financial targets
- Utilising the full range of marketing tools and media to achieve campaign objectives, including website updates, email, direct mail, social media, 3rd party marketing, advertising, reporting, etc.
- Email marketing - writing email copy and building emails using best practice standards, measuring success and sharing key learnings
- Managing data selections and providing lists for marketing activities
- Writing copy for the web and updating web pages - attention to detail is crucial
- Developing and executing social media campaigns
- Managing direct mail campaigns
- Booking of advertising - both online and offline
- Working with agency and designers on marketing collateral creation
- Briefing and engaging sales teams
- Working on ad-hoc projects and products to support conferences team's objectives
Experience and skills required:
- Degree in Marketing or related discipline and/or relevant professional experience.
- 1-2 years' experience of events marketing and devising and running direct marketing acquisition campaigns in a B2B environment, involving all aspects of the full marketing mix, particularly emphasis on digital channels
- Very strong copywriting skills for the web, emails and social media campaigns, as well as proof-reading skills
- Experience of email marketing and working with marketing databases
- Good understanding of digital analytics and KPIs
- Customer focused, strong stakeholder management skills and ability to build good internal relationships
- Very strong organisational skills, ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to manage own work without strict supervision, prioritise tasks and manage stakeholder expectations
- Good attention to detail and great communication skills - a real team player
- Pro-active, can-do attitude - focus on solving problems
- An understanding/appreciation/experience of the property market sectors and/or professional services markets desirable.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.