We are seeking a Vertical Boring Machinist to work in a well established manufacturing and engineering business in Coventry.
As a Vertical Boring Machinist you will be:
- Producing one off work to drawings
- Operating a number of vertical boring machines, according to requirements.
- Assisting with general machining operations (CNC, conventional, hand tools etc). Training will be provided in areas as required, e.g. CNC.
- Supporting the production planning processes to meet schedules.
- reading engineering drawings.
- Inspection of components produced.
- Solving tooling and machining problems, to produce parts effectively and efficiently.
This role attracts a pension, and a secure and varied future. You should be a time served engineer, a competent Vertical Boring Machinist. An ability to solve problems and convert from Metric to Imperial with relative ease is essential . Our client has a friendly and efficient workplace, with a well equipped machine shop and considerable expertise in their field. This role has come about due to an expansion in their orders.
Hours are 36.5 per week, with an early finish on a Friday.