Exciting new job in Crewe for an accounts assistant looking for the next step and to progress and study.
Your new company
My client is a successful family run organisation looking to develop their business model further. With significant potential, now is an exciting time to join this accounts team and become part of the next chapter of their career.
Your new role
You will be reporting into directors and senior finance colleagues. You will be responsible for a combination of the below duties;
- Daily processing functions.
- Processing supplier invoices
- Producing supplier payment files
- Producing sales Invoices.
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Responsible for completing VAT report for submission.
- Monthly VAT return
- Aged debtors reports
- Fixed Assets report
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Aged debtors reports
- Cash transfer details
- Produce weekly / monthly reports.
- Month End Reporting / Management Accounts.
- Compile monthly management reports on performance against objectives,
- Support the daily operation of the department by taking a hands on role for part of the process.
Duties are subject to change and will be dependant on your level of experience. Full training will be provided on duties if required and the role will develop with time.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have an excellent attention to detail. You will be eager to progress and 'grow' with the organisation. You will be eager to develop your skills and to gain experience. A unique feature of this position is the opportunity to work alongside senior members of the finance team and to benefit from their years' of experience. The client is willing to act as a mentor to the successful applicant and offer support when required.
You will ideally have experience of working with Sage and will have experience of working with Excel at an advanced level.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and study support if required. You will be working within a small, close-knit team and will be offered the opportunity to progress with the company and to expand your role as the company's size grows.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.