Our client, a well-established International Bank, is looking to recruit a Compliance Officer. The main objectives for the candidate are to ensure the compliance function is adequately resourced to support the resumption and growth of the business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include the following:
- Updating Compliance and its related Policies and Procedures to ensure they are compliant with applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where the Bank operates.
- Implementing the Compliance Monitoring Programme by carrying out the periodic testing, reporting any findings and providing recommendations to the Senior Management.
- Producing monthly Compliance and AML/CFT management information reporting.
- Reviewing and signing off customer on-boarding files.
- Maintaining and updating various compliance registers.
- Supporting Head of Compliance in the running of the Compliance team and covering the other member of staff in their absence
- Participating compliance related projects including but not limited to projects in connection with AML/CFT, FATCA, FSCS, CIFAS and Data protection etc.
- Dealing with Audit & Internal Audit queries.
Ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Strong UK regulatory knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills (able to write clearly and read & interpret rules and regulations).
- A strong team player.
- Meticulous and good attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.