We’re looking for a Project Co-ordinator to join Portakabin Scotland in Hamilton. If you have proven Project Co-ordination/Management experience gained within a construction related environment this role could be for you.
As a Project Co-ordinator you will support projects by liaising with internal sales and technical teams as well as third parties to include consultant engineers and architects to ensure projects are delivered to agreed programmes, specifications and cost plans.
With more than 50 years’ experience of supplying customers in every sector, from education and commerce to manufacturing and healthcare, Portakabin (Scotland) has a wide range of quality solutions that are backed by our unique customer service guarantee.
Portakabin products are recognised across the industry as being of the highest quality. Portakabin employs more than 100 people in Scotland with centres in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Paisley, Dundee and Aberdeen.
As the pioneers of modular construction, Portakabin Group can deliver permanent-quality buildings, of any size, to fulfill any application - up to 70% faster than using traditional construction.
As part of the Shepherd Group, we have the backing of one of the construction industry’s most respected companies, and one of the largest private family-owned construction groups in the UK, employing more than 3,500 colleagues.
A successful international company producing some of the most advanced building systems available. Portakabin buildings are available for hire or purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Project management/co-ordination experience in a similar multi-disciplined turnkey design and build environment.
- Fully conversant with current building regulations and standards especially those relating to all building services such as groundwork’s foundations and utilities.
- IT literate especially Excel and Project.
- Full UK driving licence.
Desirable but not essential:
- Prince2 or equivalent Project management certified.
- Educated to Degree/HND in Construction related disciplines.
- AutoCAD skills and experience.
- 5 Higher Grades A-C, including Maths / English / technical subjects.
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Ensure that projects are delivered to agreed programmes, specifications and cost plans.
- Manage change, planned or unexpected, with viable solutions that are agreeable to all stakeholders in the project. Control with Contract Variations.
- Risk manage to minimize all risks to the project from inception to commissioning and handover.
- Chair contract reviews (CRMs) with all involved departments.
- Adhere to Project Governance protocol.
- Provide any project information at the request of Project Controller / Management.
- Successfully manage the relationships with clients and all stakeholders involved.
- Ensure that Sales Department Project Controller is kept informed of all pertinent matters relating to the day-to-day running of projects.
- Ensure meticulous project records and communications are properly filed in the Company systems in a timely manner.
- Offer support and feedback to all involved in the project so “lessons learned” can be recorded and implemented with immediate effect and benefits to all (part of Project Governance protocol).
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and or Company procedure and policies relating to Health and Safety relevant to persons and site operations, e.g. CDM regulations, Planning Supervision, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Understand the process of Local Authority approvals, liaising with them as required, and ensuring we can meet these standards in the buildings and services we provide within the agreed project scope.
The salary for this position is in the range of [£25,000 - £28,000] dependent on skills and experience.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.