Surveyor Apprenticeship / Graduate Scheme
Are you looking for an exciting new career in the commercial property sector? If so CVS are offering a unique and exceptional opportunity suitable for graduates and people keen on a change of career.
CVS are the UK’s leading business rent and rates reduction specialist. CVS has been providing property advice to occupiers of commercial premises for over 17 years. Our national network of Chartered Surveyors have a dedication to reducing business rates and negotiating favourable lease terms on commercial premises across the UK. Our highly qualified Rating Surveyors have been providing expert advice to our clients for over 17 years, delivering savings of over £700 million.
As a Rating Surveyor you will manage a case load and your role will involve inspection of commercial properties, investigating potential savings for our clients and negotiating with the Valuation Office Agency to reduce our clients’ rates liability.
TRAINEE SURVEYOR PROGRAMME
When you join CVS you will be embarking on an exciting graduate role in the Specialist Trainee Surveyor programme based at our Manchester office.
There will be an intensive 11 week training programme starting on May 2nd which will be based in London, you must be able to commit to the full 11 weeks (no holiday entitlement) and be comfortable staying in London for this ammount of time, cost of accomodation in London will covered by us as well as a daily food expense allowance.
This intensive training covers key skills and practices such as property inspection, negotiation and how to conduct a business rates appeal. The programme has been carefully designed to provide Trainees with all the practical and theoretical knowledge to become an effective Rating Surveyor.
Full support will be provided and Trainees will be surrounded by experienced, Rating Surveyors to aid their development and learning during the programme.
COMPLETING THE PROGRAMME
Upon successful completion of the programme, Trainee Surveyors will be assigned to a surveying region and will begin inspecting commercial properties, and after 6 months will begin working on small number of cases with the support of a Mentor, ongoing training and development will be continued.
THE IDEAL CANDIADATES WILL HAVE
- A strong academic background, ideally educated to degree level but will consider excellent A-Level grades (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent team player and contributor
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- A strong commercial awareness
- In addition we are looking for candidates who are ambitious, results driven, tenacious, hard-working and committed.
APPLICANTS MUST HOLD A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE
LOACATION: Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PQ
SALARY: £24,000pa plus bonus and car allowance
- Car allowance and bonus scheme upon successful completion of the programme
- Fast track and progressive career development
- Extra days holiday with length of service
- Charity fundraising and team building experiences
- Seasonal events, including a fantastic Christmas party and summer soirée