Key responsibilities include:
- Analyse and approve the Structured Capital Markets transactions by preparing accounting opinions on topics for financial instruments and structured entities to minimise risk
- Assist Business Units in obtaining an understanding of the appropriate accounting treatment for new products and transaction structures
- Monitor accounting developments from different standard setters, update regional Finance management and their accounting implications for the Bank
- Liaise with internal and external audit to ensure that technical issues are addressed and resolved promptly and are all in line with Accounting Policies and Guidelines
- Participate in meetings and roundtables arranged by Standard setters and local associations for Financial Institutions to discuss accounting policies and their applications
- Provide internal training covering various accounting topics under different GAAPS for the bank
The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant and educated to degree level. A good understanding of IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP is required. A good understanding of the Investment Banking business model and the drivers of profitability are key.