Established Woking based company is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis. This would be a superb opportunity for someone to gain exposure to various accounting duties. Hours 9-5.
- You will be keen to pursue a career in accounts.
- You will have good numeracy skills and a high level of IT literacy including strong Excel skills.
- You will be self-motivated, pro-active and well organised.
- You will have strong communication skills and be happy to liaise effectively across the business.
- Ideally you will have some work experience in finance / accounts / invoice processing, although candidates without this experience but with the right attitude and IT skills will also be considered.
- You will live in or near Woking - e.g. Woking, Guildford, Weybridge, Fleet, Farnborough, Godalming etc.
About The Role
This is a permanent vacancy for an Accounts Assistant to join an established company in Woking.
The role will assist the finance team and will provide a professional and timely accounting service, supporting the finance team including purchase ledger as required.
The role will ensure that the accounting records are accurately maintained and all process deadlines are met in compliance with internal procedures and controls.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cashbook processing including payments made by cheque and direct debit, cancelled and returned payments, petty cash and banking (reconciling where necessary)
- Assisting with monitoring and controlling incoming branch information - including the collation, distribution, processing and filing of electronic and hard copy documents
- Liaising with the various centres as required - for example resolving queries and obtaining missing information
- Timely processing of internal cheque requisitions
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining the purchase ledger - inputting and allocating payments (such as direct debits / cheques) to system
- Dealing with telephone calls, emails and fax communications
- Filing and archiving
- Preparing and posting journals to the accounting system
- Other ad hoc duties as needed
About Our Client
- Based in Woking
- Hours Monday to Friday 9-5
- Established company
Things You Should Know
- Permanent position
- Hours Monday to Friday 9-5
Commutable from Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Bagshot, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Frimley, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Lightwater, Petersfield, Staines, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Woking and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)