Senior Creative Planner
An integrated creative agency whose purpose is to inspire people to act through passionate partnerships, experiences and stories. Their proposition is boldness with backup and believe that humans don’t act if they don’t care. The agency has been working with neuroscientists to take a more human-centric and scientific approach to engagement. New tools, new models of engagement, bold new ideas.
Current clients include Bridgestone Europe (Olympics), Shell V-Power, Volvo, Nestle UK and KitKat Global This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious self-starter to carve out a role for themselves in a fast-growing agency.
The Creative Planner will be the go-to person for planning and insight on a range of activities covering everything from pitches, campaign strategy and thought leadership. The Creative Planner will be able to lead the development of fearless ideas that make a real difference to the agency’s clients’ business and agency positioning. You will lead the charge in seeking and developing insight and direction using data tools within the agency as well as drawing on external sources of inspiration. Your thinking will capture the attention, motivate action and inspire audience social sharing. You will work within a matrix structure with the heads of Digital, PR, Creative, Content and Experiential and will be responsible for positioning ideas within a well thought through and creative strategy that enables the agency to deliver stand out integrated campaigns.
- Based in central London
- 5- 7+ years’ experience in a strategic planning role
- Expert in leading concept development and ideation from strategy to activation
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas that they and others get excited about them
- Excellent writing skills
- A curiosity for learning & discovery, and understanding human behaviours & motivations
- Passion for breakthrough digital, social media and emerging platforms
- Experience in experiential and content strategy
- Ideally some knowledge of sponsorship activation
- 5- 7+ years’ (agency) experience in a strategic planning role
- Have created or have been involved in the development of creative campaigns that deliver proven ROI/ROO.
- Proven integrated campaign experience including experiential, content and digital that generate media and social interest
- Demonstrable success of leadership in developing insight, setting strategy, developing creative concepts and ideas, delivering inspiring presentations and guiding strategic campaign activation
- Experience developing highly successful cultural sport and entertainment platforms for brands Abilities:
- European languages (not essential)
- Mac proficient
- Confident self-starter
- Takes pride in their work
- Stimulating and challenging to work with
- Highly motivated to do well
- Team player and a 'people person’
- Stand-out strategic thinking
- A bold and original thinker with a passion for doing things differently
- Excellent writing and presentation skills - able to wow the crowd
- Advanced research skills and lateral thinking when it comes to problem solving
- A multi-tasker with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Can remain focused under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Considered a valued member of the team and trusted client counsel
- Keen understanding of the potential of digital, content and experiential as part of an integrated campaign
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- An understanding of basic psychology and/or neuroscience Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
Base salary dependent on experience and fit to role (reviewed annually in March/April after 12 months service)
Discretionary bonus based on personal and business performance.
22 days holiday, plus Bank Hols and 3 additional days off between Christmas and New Year. Accrued holiday for tenure up to 30 days pa. Buy/sell back holiday days scheme.
Birthday day off
Flexible working policies including 10am - 4pm core hours with 8am - 7pm flexi-time, lieu days, some working from home.
Personal career training opportunities along with access to company-wide training programme, external thought leadership events and other developmental courses.
Smarter engagement powered by Neuroscience and an understanding of people’s passions is a core differentiator so the agency will invest in new training modules and external events to ensure they live this authentically.
Staff Fund to push yourself out of your comfort zone, with activities chosen by individual staff members (agreed by management).
Minimum 1-2 agency conferences / trips away (UK and/or international) to build a genuine sense of fearless culture and team bonding. In the past this has included white water rafting as part of a 2-day offsite team build, staying in a nice hotel, fancy dress etc.
Individual Perkbox subscription 3 month unpaid Sabbatical after 5 years continuous service with guaranteed job at end Company pension to be introduced in 2017 (per Government guidelines)