This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development and delivery of education and training for the company's flagship product. The role involves liaising with the product development teams, order fulfilment and global service to design, develop, and deliver a comprehensive and innovative training offering for field service engineers maintaining the new product in all regions.
You will have a rare chance to implement a blended learning programme by liaising with the development teams and global service in the regions to plan, develop and establish a world-class curriculum.
You will be experienced in the creation and delivery of technical training or the servicing of capital equipment. Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate competency in both.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• To provide expert technical knowledge, participate in the design and development, and deliver the technical training requirements in support of products
• To devise in collaboration with other training colleagues the training strategy for new products and implement and monitor the rollout of such training to the business
• To create, control, conduct, monitor and support training courses including the creation of training material in multimedia format as required, student assessment sheets and practical tests
• To assist and advise in identifying training needs for staff and students
• To advise and assist in the procurement of specialist courses by external consultants
• To deliver training globally as required in order to meet strategic and operational objectives
• Higher level qualification (HNC/HND) or Degree in Engineering or Physics, or equivalent 'Train the trainer’ qualification
• Training design qualification an advantage
• Technical support of radiotherapy equipment in the field or in a hospital setting
• Experience as a trainer
• Experience of training design an advantage
• Excellent communication, presentation and coaching/mentoring skills
• Ability to manage resistance to change or challenges presented by trainees and cultural differences
• Excellent management of time and resources
• Quick learner able to assimilate new information, skills and technologies
• Proven engineering skills: mechanical, electrical, electronic fault finding including analogue circuitry, plumbing, vacuum, radiation engineering
• Proven computing skills competent in the use of MSExcel, MSWord and PowerPoint
• Ability to demonstrate assessment skills: Examination invigilation, practical assessment
• Ability to demonstrate authoring skills: Creating, maintaining of course documents
• Proven facilitation skills: Conducting meetings with colleagues
• Membership of a recognised professional body.