Temporary Works Design Manager
£35,000 - £50,000 + car or car allowance, phone, laptop, iPad
Salary is negotiable dependant experience and ability
Bristol based with weekly travel to site
Performance related bonus
Clifton Shard has a fantastic opportunity for a Temporary Works Design Manager to join our client in Bristol on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a privately-owned scaffold and temporary works company that provide expert solutions within theConstruction, Civil Engineering and Railway sectors.The business has enjoyed great success and are proud to say that 80% of their work is based on repeat business or referrals. They have provided recent design and installation for companies such as Highways England, Network Rail, Skanska and Balfour Beatty to name a few.
The business is now looking ahead to the future of the company and have an impressive growth plan, beginning with the recruitment of a Temporary Works Manager to lead and grow the Technical department. As the Manager, you will be responsible for managing the existing team, recruiting your own team as the business continues to grow as well as remaining in a hands on design role.
- Ensure temporary works management process is implemented, reviewed and updated
Technical delivery of projects
- Ensure a suitable temporary works design brief and programme of requirements is received
- Ensure design risks are considered and prepare Designers Risk Assessments
- Investigate alternative designs for temporary works, working with the site team.
- Responsible for temporary works design requirements for the project and delivering them to time and budget
- Ensure that contract-specified design checks are carried out
- Contribute to the development of designs
- Provide strong technical support in value engineering temporary works and in identifying innovative and robust solutions
- Provide excellent customer service, be the companies’ focal point for technical queries
- Pre-tender support to commercial team, provide technical input to enable accurate tendering of future project
We are interested in speaking with motivated and ambitious individuals that are looking for an opportunity to join a growing business and make a real difference, this position gives you the opportunity to lead and grow the technical department.
To be considered you will be experienced in temporary works design, or structural engineering with strong awareness of temporary works. This is a hands on design role, so excellent AutoCAD skills with previous experience of design is essential.
Other essential criteria include:
BEng / MEng in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering. BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered.
- Attained or working towards attaining CEng status (MIMechE, MICE, MIStructE)
- Ability to carry out detailed analysis of structures using both permissible stress and limit state theory
- Knowledge of the main requirements of Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015
- Knowledge of the main requirements of The Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005
- Knowledge of relevant British and European Standards: BS EN 12811-1, BS 5975 and BS EN 1991.
- Construction related industry experience, either site or office based
- AutoCAD draughting skills to UK construction design standards
This is a unique and exciting opportunity with real growth potential, if you are interested, please apply online today with a covering letter outlining your reasons and key experience in relation to this role.
If you have questions or would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail before applying, please contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to discuss with you in more detail.