English Teacher -Maternity Cover
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified English teacher to join an Ofsted rated outstanding school based in East London. This is a contract to cover maternity leave, starting in September 2017 for 4 days a week. The school welcome applications from both experienced teachers seeking to widen their experience or newly qualified teachers who can contribute to this outstanding department.
- The role entails teaching English at Key Stage 3-5 and the selected candidate will teach across the full ability range.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Effectively teach the full range of time-tabled courses
- Plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Deliver engaging and fun lessons, which inspire pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Contribute to the development of schemes of work and subject policies as appropriate.
- Communicate appropriately and develop positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents.
You will need:
- Qualified Teacher Status (NQTs will be considered)
- Experience in teaching English up to Key Stage 5.
- An understanding of the curriculum and knowledge of any current issues and developments within it.
- Excellent references
You will receive:
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- CPD Training.
- Optional pension scheme.
If you are interested in this teaching position or any other roles we currently have available, please do not hesitate to contact Jemma on or email . Alternatively, please feel free to apply using the information provided. Candidates working for us can register for CPD Financial Support.
Earn £150 per referral to Athona Education. Click here for more information.