Our client is a supply partner to some of the world’s best-known names who support a large number of clients from blue chip companies to specialist suppliers. They are currently seeking an Accountant to provide cover for two sites Winsford and Crewe.
This is a dual role, providing principal on-site finance support for a prestigious logistics contract based on the Client’s site at Winsford as well as providing finance input to logistics operations based at Unipart’s site at Crewe. It is expected that the Winsford activity will represent about 60% of the overall workload. This is initially a fixed term 12 month contract with an opportunity to extend convert to permanent.
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Weekly Client invoicing and interaction with the Client for any billing queries
- Provision of finance functional support to the Unipart site team which includes assistance with purchase orders, invoice queries, approval of expenses, reporting, ad-hoc queries etc.
Weekly tasks include:
- Produce weekly headcount report and use the information to raise the customer invoices
- Produce KPI Headcount Reports.
- Update weekly P&L
- Understand manning levels and manning changes required
- Have a weekly review with the Unipart General Manager on site
- Internal Flash report (early assessment of P&L position ahead of month-end results)
- Month End (Working Days 1-3) - Accruals, prepayments, Balance Sheet Rec’s, P&L
- Cashflow Forecast
- Produce A3 Contract Report
- Review of transport and warehousing costs, with challenge to identify potential improvements
- Preparation of transport and warehousing KPIs, budget and forecasts
Experience and Qualifications
- Preference for qualified accountant
- Logistics experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Required licence: UK Driving Licence
circa £40,000 dependent on experience and qualifications