Lab Technician - Shepton Mallet
Job: Lab Technician
Location: Outskirts of Shepton Mallet
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 (Depending on experience and qualifications)
Hours: 8am to 4.30pm - Monday to Friday.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of non-metallic insulation cladding for the oil and gas market.
Due to expansion and growth they are now seeking a Lab technician to join the production and laboratory team.
You will be reporting to the production manager, this is a production based role supporting the laboratory as required. To ensure the day to day production quality inspections and operations are constantly monitored to ensue a quality of standards. You will be liaising to the production, quality control and Research and development teams on a daily basis to define a balanced set of guidelines that are acceptable and achievable.
Due to a dust and chemical presence on site this position would not suit anyone whom suffers with any respiratory/breathing problems i.e Asthma or skin allergies
- Strong educational background in Maths, Chemistry and Physics
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas products
- Understanding of ISO quality standards
- Efficient in the MS packages i.e. Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good communication skills, be self confident and a rational thinker
- Issuing of Analytical non-conformance reports.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Willing to support other departments as and when required.
- Own transport due to location of site
- Excellent command of the English language
In return for hard work and a passion to succeed in a pressure based environment, a flexible approach to commit appropriately, our client is offering a salary ranging from £18,000- £23,000 per annum based on experience or qualifications. The company has a pension scheme and the holiday allowance is 5.6 weeks per full holiday year.