Trainee Kitchen Designer
Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Limited is looking for a Trainee Kitchen Design Consultant join a highly successful and established organisation. They offer a luxury, high end showroom environment and are looking for a professional and welcoming Trainee Design Consultant to speak with, and greet, customers, as well as learn and develop into designing and quoting kitchen products and installation projects.
This is a full time, permanent position and does require working Saturdays - 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Saturday with a set day off in the week.
The Trainee Kitchen Design Consultantwill be responsible for:
- Understandong the customers brief
- Offering support (including administrative, answering telephone etc.) to the Sales Consultants when required
- Responsible for the showroom diary for site visits, pool car and staff attendance
- Responsible for keeping the literature up to date within the kitchen showroom
- Using initiative to check kitchen showroom displays and report any snagging work
- Responsible for recording showroom footfall and lead source
- Handling trade and retail customer enquiries, producing CAD designs using the design software and producing sufficient quotes using SMART software
- Liaising with the admin staff in order to process the orders in a timely manner
- Liaising with warehouse staff, occasionally arranging deliveries
- Assisting customers who are collecting goods they have ordered, sorting out the delivery paperwork
- Assisting customers by going on site survey visits to measure up their room/s and gather relevant information
- Producing initial supply and installation quotes
- Liaising with the installation team to ensure products quoted are suitable for a customer's room
- Assisting in the upkeep of the showroom, selling ex-display and discounted products, raising any snagging requirements.
- Being aware of new products coming into the market place from the suppliers
- Continuous development of product knowledge
- Being aware of special offers/terms occasionally offered by suppliers in order to be as competitive as possible when producing quotes
- Attending supplier/manufacturer product training and launch days as required
- Ensuring that the customer experience when visiting the showroom is second to none
- Responding to all emails in a timely manner
- Taking deposits and issue receipts
The Trainee Kitchen Design Consultantmust be/have:
- Ambitious to learn the planning and design of kitchens
- A driven personality with a desire to succeed
- A passion for sales and design
- CAD or graphics experience
- Ability to absorb new information
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Full UK drivers licence essential
- Must be able to use MS Office applications - Word, Outlook and Excel to a competent standard
What's in it for me?
You will be joining a progressive company which has been established for over 50 years and has a reputation for delivering a quality service. The salary bracket for this role is £19,000 - £23,000 per annum (DOE) and benefits as follows, 22 days holiday, Group Life Insurance, Company Pension Scheme, Showroom Commission Scheme, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, eyecare vouchers (after probationary period), opportunity to apply for a staff account (after probationary period).