Store Manager - Fashion and Homewear
Location: St. Albans
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum
As a Store Manager for this fantastic blue chip fashion brand, you will be invited to begin a career of incredible longevity in a business that continues to grow, and will be encouraged to grow alongside it. Working for our client, you will enjoy a career with a premium retailer, known throughout households nationwide as the first point of call for outstanding service, fantastic variety and a well-loved brand. With fantastic brand recognition, and an iconic stance in the great British High Street, this really is a dream role for any experienced Fashion Store Manager.
- You will be professional, fashion forward and commercially astute, with experience in a fast paced retail environment.
- The ideal candidate will have the drive to excel in all aspects of retail, and will strive to make sure that their store is constantly achieving their KPIs and moving towards greater success as a team.
- They will have experience of managing a fast paced fashion retail environment; coping with volume and large teams; the drive to get their sleeves rolled up and have a hands on presence on the shop floor whilst maintaining a commercial and strategic focus.
- Commercial & Business awareness as well as excellent communication skills
- Customer focus when making all decisions, ensuring the customer is at the heart of all operations in store
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to motivate and gain respect from your team
- Previous accountability for P&L management
- Knowledge of the Fashion Sector and competitor awareness, previous Store Management experience within the fashion sector is essential
- Must have managed over £5m as a Store Manager or £10m as a Deputy Manager as well as teams of 30
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the people development strategy in your store and use your experience to spot commercial opportunities, anticipating the direction the business and our competitors are moving
- Managing one of their multi-million pound operations, you’ll lead from the front in delivering a service people talk about
- Creating a culture that’s truly focused on the needs of our customers
- Motivate your managers to get the best out of their teams, and instil in them a passion for the products they work with
- You will lead your retail store team to deliver exceptional customer service; tailoring every aspect of your store to your customer base, anticipating their needs and offering a best in class experience
- Inspire the team to achieve store targets through coaching, delivering constructive feedback and teamwork
- Contribute to ideas that drive positive results in KPIs including sales and service
- Ensuring service standards in store are constantly being offered in line with the company’s core values
Our client is one of the UK’s leading retailers. They have a commitment to provide superior quality products at attractive prices, an ethos which has led to an outstanding industry reputation and propelled them to being a true British institution. Our client recognises that success starts with people; and values individuals who are commercially aware, driven and passionate about delivering great products and service to all their customers in every channel of their operation.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Hatfield, Edgware, Potters Bar, Barnet, Borehamwood, Hemel Hempstead, Harpenden
KEY WORDS: Store Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Customer Service, Department Manager, Concession Manager, Fashion, Homeware
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: