Marketing and Communications Executive
Marketing and Communications Executive
Salary: £23-25k per annum dependent on experience + Benefits
Founded in 1986, our client's organisation is the trade association for all those working in the field of design, supporting them and championing the transformative power of design. Their membership consists of 450 design consultancies and design-driven businesses, including many of the brightest and most respected names. They work to build universal confidence in design investment and promote the power of effective design. The bridge between design and business, they are committed to promoting the use of design at a strategic level to solve business and societal problems.
A key part of the company's role is to represent the design industry in the wider world - in particular, in its dealings with government and the media. Whatever the issue, it's their job to ensure that their members' collective voice is heard.
Working in an exciting and dynamic industry, with inspiring and market-leading design professionals, your role will be to coordinate and craft an extensive range of digital and print marketing and communications campaigns which drive engagement and sales across the portfolio of their products and services.
You will need a conscientious and positive attitude, be able to work efficiently and independently and contribute to the team effort. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be accurate and numerate and pay close attention to detail. You will be expected to take a proactive approach to forthcoming tasks and be adept at prioritising workloads.
This key role will support other team members and you should feel comfortable taking initiative and contributing ideas, whilst maintaining and developing key processes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Taking a key role in implementing all digital and offline marketing and communications campaigns and activities, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, CRM, direct mail, partnerships, PR and advertising.
- Maintaining and updating the organisation's marketing data, proactively building their databases and working with the Marketing and Communication Manager to grow their existing audiences.
- Building bespoke data lists, tailoring and segmenting data for specific campaigns.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders who will help them promote activity, including building press lists and also ensuring that company events and other activities are listed and advertised appropriately.
- Monitoring the quality of the company website, ensuring that information is regularly updated as appropriate and coordinating page maintenance.
- Regularly posting on the organisation's social media pages, tweeting from company events, engaging with their followers and monitoring activity.
- Drafting and proofing copy, and researching images, quotes and other elements for company communications, including marketing emails, webpages and press releases.
- Building emails and newsletters.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to track the impact of online and offline campaigns.
- Ensuring that the company's brand guidelines are adhered to across the organisation, assisting colleagues with the formatting and updating of documents where required.
- Liaising with external suppliers, including design teams, mailing houses, printers, etc., to coordinate the design and communication elements of projects, tracking expenditure and costs against the allocated budget.
- Compiling regular reports on communications activity and ensuring that company communications output is archived appropriately.
Skills and experience needed:
- 1-2 years' experience of working in a marketing / communications environment.
- Confident handling, processing and analysing data in Excel and CRM.
- A natural flair for social media, online and email marketing campaigns.
- Able to contribute creative and innovative ideas.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proactive and thoughtful approach to tasks.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
Closing date: 5pm 7th April 2017
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the post.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.