Handyperson / Maintenance - Plumber / Carpenter / Electrician
Job Title: School Keeper's Assistant
Location: Dulwich, South London
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 2 x Full Time, Permanent:
Role 1: Normal hours 10am to 7pm for one role, Monday to Friday, during School term time (with one hour's break during the day) and 8am to 5pm (with one hour's break during the day), Monday to Friday, during the School's holidays.
Role 2: Normal hours of work are 7am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, during School term time (with one hour's break during the day) and 8am to 5pm (with one hour's break during the day), Monday to Friday, during the School's holidays.
The organisation, an independent preparatory school in Dulwich, South London, England for boys aged 3-13 years, is looking for two School Keeper's Assistants to join their team at the beginning of April
You will assist, support and take instruction from the Maintenance Supervisor regarding the daily preparation of the School (inside and outside areas) during term time and the maintenance programme during the holidays.
- Porterage of equipment, furniture, and deliveries around the School and between sites.
- Cleaning, including responding to spillages, bodily fluids, overflows, blockages etc.
- Handyperson tasks.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all areas of the School, including the Sports Hall, swimming pool, floors, and lavatories.
- Keep the communal areas and stores tidy and well organised.
- Set out rooms and halls in preparation for meetings, plays, concerts and other events.
- Report and rectify (where appropriate) any faults, problems, or damage to the School's buildings.
- Undertake daily checks of outside areas, in order to identify and report any faults, problems or damage.
- Maintain equipment, play areas, play pitches and play apparatus, with particular regard for pupils' health and safety.
- Lawn mowing and weeding
- Collect litter & empty bins.
- Respond to external conditions, for example clearing leaves and snow.
- Looking after the Early Years gardens (in role 2)
- Prepare minibuses for external trips.
- Undertake driving tasks for the transportation of staff/pupils and the delivery of goods.
- Basic knowledge and aptitude for handyman tasks (Essential)
- Qualified driver (Essential)
- Manual lifting and handling procedures.
- Health & Safety procedures.
- Fire precautions.
- Interest or experience in gardening (for role 2)
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Team focused: shares knowledge and information with other members of staff to promote good practice.
- Co-operative, helpful and accommodating with other team members and staff.
- Follows instruction and focuses on what needs to be delivered: understands what is needed and responds promptly.
- Demonstrates a proactive, 'can do' attitude to all tasks.
- Welcomes challenges, and meets them with enthusiasm.
- Shows a flexible approach, willing to adapt and respond to priorities.
- Seeks out additional duties and uses own initiative.
- Consistently strives to maintain a high standard of work.
Please be aware; the company will not be providing any relocation packages or sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must reside within a reasonable distance of the school in Dulwich and must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this position all candidates are requested to complete the application form as Our Client does not accept CVs. After clicking the apply button, please check your emails regularly for the application pack.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Service Engineer, Carpenter, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Service Technician, School Groundsperson, Mobile Engineer, Plumber, Service Engineer, Electrical Field Service Engineer, Multi Trader, School Janitor, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Multitrader, Mobile Fitter, Multi-skilled Engineer, Multi-Trader, Mechanical Fitter, Tradesperson, School Grounds Keeper, Plant Fitter, Maintenance Engineer will also be considered for this role.