Part Time Credit Controller
My market leading Legal client, based in Milton Keynes, are on the search for an experienced Part Time Credit Controller to join the finance team and work directly with the Credit Control Manager. The role is on a part-time basis, spread over five days a week, with the view of going permanent based on performance and target achievement. Throughout the role you will be working with lawyers, high end clients and owners of small to medium sized businesses.
As well as needing negotiation and problem solving skills, you will be building relationships both internally and externally, allowing you to improve on your customer facing skills and and credit control experience.
As one of the leading Legal firms in Milton Keynes and the whole of the UK, their main business objective is to help deliver solutions to their clients, while also maintaining their customer first philosophy. They thrive on adhering to the needs of their clients, in particular with legal advice. They have several offices across the UK and work closely with a number of market leading firms.
A number of the key duties involved in the Part Time Credit Controller role include:
- Providing Credit Control support to an allocated group of Fee Earners.
- Chasing clients by phone, email and letter, for payment within the Credit Policy, while at all times being mindful of client relationships.
- Liaising closely with Fee Earners and Secretaries.
- Escalating queries to Fee Earners and the Credit Control Manager.
- Keeping accurate records of actions taken.
- Identifying debts for escalation to the Credit Control Manager.
- Producing letters, statements and reports as required. Being the first point of contact in the absence of the Credit Control Manager.
The key attributes needed for the Part Time Credit Controller role include:
- Previous and current credit control experience.
- Experience in negotiating with clients.
- Experience within a law firm (ideal but not essential).
- Excellent attention to client care.
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills, preferably able to build vlookups and pivot tables.
- Proven ability to build good relationships with internal & external clients.
- Able to cover tasks in the absence of the Credit Control Manager.
On site parking, excellent starting salary, pension auto-enrolment, 25 days holiday