Reconciliations Clerk (Accounts Team)
Thurston Smith are pleased to be working on a great new role for our client based in Orpington who are looking for 2 new members to joing there finance team. Great oppurtunity for someone with 1-2 years experience to develop there skills. Brand new modern office and a great team to work with and be apart of.
- The position of Reconciliations Clerk will ideally suit a candidate with similar experience in an accounts based position and who is looking to further develop their career. Experience of 1 -2 years is preferably. The candidate will be someone who is adaptable, competent and likes to get stuck in.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a progressive business that will help you achieve your career goals.
Principal Duties and Key Tasks
- Broker Statement Reconciliations
- Liaising with insurance companies and suppliers
- Logging and dealing with queries in a timely manner
- Processing Client credit applications on third party system
- Client Cash Allocations
- Purchase Ledger Processing
- Reconciliations of client & insurer balances
- Bank Reconciliations
- Daily Reconciliations between accounts system and operation system
- Month End report processing
- Maintaining day to day compliance procedures
- Administrative Duties
- Producing daily cashbooks
- Sorting Post
- Managing personal work workflow effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining a complete and comprehensive training record/log
- Advising Manager of any backlog in work in a timely manner
- Meeting all company set targets and departmental KPI’s
- Any Adhoc tasks required by management
- 1 - 2 years accounts experience
- Processing High Levels of Data
- Effective Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Form and develop strong Insurer and Suppliers relationships
- Time management and Organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel Skills
Other Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- The position of Reconciliations Clerk is a key role and requires a professional and businesslike approach at all times. The candidate must always perform in accordance with the published office work standards, targets and business objectives
- The position of Reconciliations Clerk also requires that the individual acts and communicates in a compliant manner. An understanding of accounting procedures is required for this position, but mainly accuracy and strong attention to detail is the key issue with regards to inputting data.
- The ideal applicant needs to have at least one year accounts experience and a high level of computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office software. Strong knowledge of excel is a must, with working knowledge of V-looks & Pivots.
- The accounts department uses Quickbooks as their accounting software and Open GI for the operational needs of the business. Working knowledge of accounting software is desirable.